HEALTHY TURKEY MEATBALLS
Published on February 04, 2014
Tasty (and simple!) turkey meatballs
- 2 pounds of lean ground turkey or chicken
- ¾ of whole grain bread crumbs
- ½ cup of finely chopped carrots
- ¼ cup of chopped onions
- 1 tbsp of sea salt
- 2 omega 3 eggs
- 2 tbs. of olive oil
- ½ of chicken broth (organic and low sodium is optimal)
- Mix turkey, bread crumbs, carrots, onion and salt in a large mixing bowl. Crack open 2 eggs and continue to mix.
- Roll mixture into 1 inch balls.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and add meatballs. Cook and turn until meat is slightly browned on the outside (approximately 6-8 minutes).
- Add ½ cup of chicken broth into skillet and reduce heat until liquid is absorbed (approximately 6 minutes).