QUINOA CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Published on March 16, 2013
Makes about 2 dozen medium sized cookies
Quinoa Chocolate Chip Cookies Makes about 2 dozen medium sized cookies
- Prep time: 8 minutes
- Cook time: 12 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes (plus cooling time)
- 2 cups quinoa flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2-teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup of coconut sugar
- 1 large organic egg
- 1/2-teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet chocolate chips are a classic, feel free to use your favorite chocolate chip – my son loves butterscotch!)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees, with racks in the upper and lower thirds. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk together quinoa flour, baking soda, and salt set aside.
- In your stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the melted butter and brown sugar on medium speed until it combines into a caramel colored syrup (1-2 minutes).
- Beat in the vanilla and egg (about 30 seconds)
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and slowly add the dry ingredients until just smooth (about 30 seconds).
- Mix in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Using a small scoop portion out 12 cookie dough balls onto each baking sheet. Space dough balls 2 inches apart.
- Bake until the edges are golden but the centers are still soft and puffy (about 10-12 minutes).
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes, then serve warm or transfer parchment paper and cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!