BLACK BEAN SLIDERS ON LETTUCE WRAPS
Published on May 20, 2016
A protein-packed vegetarian option for the BBQ this summer - served on a crisp, refreshing lettuce wrap!
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, well-drained
- ¾ cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 tbsp very onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup whole-wheat or spelt breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup fresh chopped parsley
- 12 pieces of Boston lettuce
- Roughly mash black beans with a fork (there should be some whole black beans left in a sort of paste).
- Stir in quinoa, pepper, onion, breadcrumbs, garlic, sea salt, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, egg, olive oil and parsley.
- Form into 12 sliders
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes, flipping half way.
- Serve each slider on a piece of Boston lettuce and add any of your favourite toppings (i.e., mustard, pickles, avocado, tomatoes, etc.)
Serves 6 (2 sliders = 1 serving)