Published on June 01, 2018
As much are we all love this warm weather, the heat often leads to an increase in family BBQ’s and long days by the pool, which we all know can cause an increase in alcohol consumption. If you are looking to maintain weight loss this spring and summer, try these refreshing, fruity mocktails! The perfect way to enjoy a refreshing drink without all the added calories and sugar!
Fruity watermelon margarita
- 1 medium watermelon, cut into cubes
- ½ cup fresh lemon or lime juice
- 3 teaspoons coconut sugar
- ½ cup San Pellegrino or soda stream
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend on high until smooth.
Serves 4 Nutritional analysis: calories 22, carbohydrates 6g
Sparkling raspberry cocktail
- 2 cups organic raspberries
- 4 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 L of sparking water, chilled
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
- In a blender, puree raspberries and water until smooth
- In a pitcher, combine raspberry puree, orange juice and sparkling water.
- Stir and garnish with mint leaves before serving.
Serves 4 Nutritional analysis: calories 40, carbohydrates 9g, fiber 4g protein 1g
Cucumber mint mojito
- 2 cups of coconut water
- 2 cups sparkling water
- 2 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of agave
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- ½ cup ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients into large pitcher and mix together.
- Chill for 1-2 hours before serving and mix in some ice cubes to keep it cool!
Serves 5 Nutritional analysis: calories 63, carbohydrates 15g, fiber 2g, protein 2g
- ½ cup strawberries, frozen
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1-2 cups of sparkling or flat water
- 2 fresh strawberries, thinly sliced
- Add all ingredients into blender. Blend on high until well combined.
- Garnish with strawberry slices and enjoy chilled.
Serves 2 Nutritional analysis: calories 40, carbohydrates 10g, fiber 1g Another great option for a chilled, refreshing drink is kombucha! Some of our favourite kombucha brands include:
- GT’s Living Foods – The gingerade is our favourite and contains less than 2g of sugar per serving.
- RISE Kombucha – Their mint & chlorophyll flavour is refreshing and detoxifying
- Townshend’s Brew Dr. Kombucha – The “love” flavor is infused with jasmine and lavendar
- Tonica – The blueberry flavour is nice and fruity for the warmer weather! You can even try adding some fresh blueberries in to kick up the flavour.