- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves, rinsed and dried
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/4 cup good extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp freshly grated parmigiano
- 1 big squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6-8 yellow zucchinis, spiralized
- Walnuts for garnish
- Pulse together basil and walnuts in a food processor. Add garlic and olive oil. Pulse again. Add cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper (feel free to use non dairy Parmesan if you want to go dairy free).
- Scrape down the sides of blender/food processor with a rubber spatula and pulse a few more times. Store in air- tight container. You may want to add more olive oil prior to serving.
- Use 1 tablespoon while sautéing zucchini in pan and top with ½ tbsp and walnut for garnish if desired. For extra protein in the recipe – feel free to add cooked chicken breast if desired. But…very filling on its own because of the good, healthy fats.
Nutritional Analysis: calories 196, fat 19g, carbohydrates 5g, fiber 2g, protein 5g