GREEK ZUCCHINI NOODLE SALAD
Published on August 18, 2017
Ditch the pasta and try this great alternative…zucchini noodles! They are delicious, grain free and super low calorically, making them ideal for weight loss. This zucchini noodle Greek salad is sure to be an instant hit for the final days of BBQ and cottage season!INGREDIENTS
- 2 large zucchinis
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10 kalamata olives, pitted
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4 tablespoons feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sprinkle of sea salt and ground black pepper
- Cut the ends of the zucchini off and use a spiralizer to make the zucchini noodles. Place the zucchini noodles in a large bowl and top with cucumber, tomatoes, olives, red onion, and feta cheese.
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, oregano, sea salt, and pepper together in a bowl until dressing is smooth; pour over noodles and toss to coat.
- Allow salad to sit in refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
This salad is great as a side dish. If you want to make it a complete meal, just throw on some sliced hard boiled eggs, cut up chicken or roasted chickpeas (click here for directions on how to roast chickpeas at home).Serves 4Nutritional analysis: calories 190, fat 11g, carbohydrates 21g, fiber 6g, protein 7g