FRESH SPRING SALAD
Published on May 06, 2016
This bright and colour spring salad will liven up any meal of the week!
- 1/2 small sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups of arugula
- ½ cup beets, cut into small pieces
- ¼ avocado, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- Sprinkle of sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper. Wash and cut sweet potatoes into 1-inch cubes. Toss lightly with olive oil and season with a little sea salt and put onto prepared baking sheet.
- Once oven is preheated, put sweet potatoes in for about 20 minutes.
- While sweet potatoes are in the oven, start to prepare the salad - add arugula into bowl and top with beets and avocado.
- Once sweet potatoes are finished, add onto salad and sprinkle feta cheese on top.
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt and pepper together and drizzle onto salad.
Tip: To enhance the protein in this salad or to make it a full meal, add roasted chickpeas, chicken, scoop of tuna, shrimp, tofu or turkey.Serves 1Nutritional Analysis: 367 calories, 31g fat, 21g carbohydrates, 7g fiber, 6g protein