CREAMY LOW CARB EGGPLANT BAKE
Published on January 12, 2013
For our CityLine viwers following along with the 2013 weight loss challengeCreamy Low-Carb Eggplant BakeFor our CityLine viwers following along with the 2013 weight loss challenge- this yummy easy to make recipe is for YOU! Perfect with a side salad, this tasty recipe offers 10 grams of protein per serving and is a very sastisfying dinner (also great to take to work the next day!). Enjoy. Serves 4 Ingredients:
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) soft goat’s cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Cut eggplant into 1/4-inch- (5 mm) thick round slices. Pour oil into non-stick medium-size pan, add eggplant and sauté over medium heat, 2 minutes per side.
- Place eggplant into foil-lined medium-size casserole dish. Pour tomato sauce over top, then dot with goat’s cheese. Bake for about 20 minutes until bubbly.
- In a separate pan, sauté mushrooms over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes. Remove casserole from oven and top with sautéed mushrooms.
Per serving: 170 calories, 10 g total fat, 12 g carbohydrates, 10 g protein, 2 g fibre, 0 g sugars