THE SCOOP ON BULLET PROOF COFFEE
Published on April 27, 2018
Feeling like you need a metabolism boost and energy kick? Introducing bulletproof coffee! This foamy cup of coffee is sure to give you the boost you are looking for!
What is a bullet proof coffee?
Bullet proof coffee is a foamy coffee that is made by combining a variety of healthy fats to give you a boost of energy in a healthy and natural way. One of the main ingredients found in bullet proof coffee is MCT oil (medium chain triglycerides). MCT is an energy source that is easily absorbed by the body. It is able to pass the digestive system with no enzyme activity required, going straight into the cells to be burned and used for energy. It also creates a thermogenic effect, meaning it burns calories at a higher rate, increasing your metabolism function. Grassfed butters found in bulletproof coffee are an excellent source of omega 3 fatty acids, and provide us with an good dose of healthy fats.
What are the main benefits of bullet proof coffee?
- Boosts your metabolism and helps with weight loss
- Excellent source of healthy fats
- Helps reduce cravings
- Boosts cognitive function
- Boosts energy and endurance
- Immune boosting properties
- Offers anti-inflammatory properties
- Provides powerful antioxidants
How to make a bullet proof coffee: Ingredients:
- 8-12 oz brewed organic coffee**
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed unsalted butter or ghee
- Add all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend on high to create a foamy coffee beverage.
Serves 1 **If you are not a coffee drinker, you can swap the brewed coffee for Dandy Blend, Matcha or chia tea Optional ingredients that can be added in to your bullet proof coffee to enhance taste and benefits:
- 1-2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1 scoop of collagen powder
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cacao powder
- Turmeric powder
- Vanilla extract