EASY BACK TO SCHOOL RECIPES
Published on September 01, 2017
Get back into the school routine with these easy, delicious and uber healthy back to school recipes that you and the kids will love!Breakfast oatmeal muffinsINGREDIENTS
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 scoops of protein powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 cups ripe mashed banana
- 5 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 380 F, and line 25 muffin tins.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, sea salt, protein powder, cinnamon, flax seeds and chocolate chips and stir very well.
- In a separate bowl, combine banana, maple syrup, water, coconut oil and vanilla extract and stir well.
- Mix wet into dry and combine. Pour into the muffin liners and bake for 20 minutes. Broil for an extra 1-2 minutes to get crispy muffin tops.
Makes 25 muffins Nutritional analysis: calories 130, fat 3g, carbohydrates 22g, fiber 3g, protein 4g Mini broccoli cheddar quichesINGREDIENTS
- 12 eggs
- 6 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup broccoli florets
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Break the eggs into a mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add cheese and broccoli florets, sea salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Divide mixture into 12 medium-sized, greased muffin tins and bake at 400 F for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
Two muffins = one serving Nutritional analysis for two muffins = calories 160, fat 11g, carbohydrates 1g, protein 13g Crispy chicken fingersINGREDIENTS
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of spelt bread crumbs
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 egg whites
- Prepare chicken by cutting into chicken finger size pieces. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl combine breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and salt. Stir till well combined.
- In a separate bowl beat 2 egg whites.
- Dip chicken fingers one by one into the egg mixture and then roll them in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place breaded fingers on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees, turning after 15 minutes and baking another 10 minutes till golden and crispy.
Serves 4Nutritional analysis: calories 240, fat 9g, carbohydrates 8g, fiber 1g, protein 32 g Turkey and cranberry wrapsINGREDIENTS
- 1 cup shredded, cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup apples, chopped
- 2 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dried, unsweetened cranberries
- 2 oz. feta or goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup fresh baby spinach or arugula
- 2 whole wheat or sprouted tortillas
- In a small bowl combine chicken, apple, mayonnaise, cranberries, feta/goat cheese, rosemary and pepper.
- Place chicken on tortillas and top with chicken mixture and spinach. Roll up and wrap in tinfoil.
Serves 2Nutritional analysis: calories 440, fat 15g, carbohydrates 44g, fiber 8g, protein 33g
Protein packed chicken chili
- 12 oz ground lean chicken
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups diced sweet onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 (28-oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 6 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (15-oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- In a large pot, add ground chicken and cook on medium heat until cooked through and no longer pink.
- Add oil, onion and the garlic and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt and stir.
- Add the celery, and pepper and saute for another 5-7 minutes or so, until softened.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes (with the juice), broth, and tomato paste. Stir to combine. Increase heat to medium-high.
- Add the drained and rinsed beans, along with the chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and cayenne. Simmer the mixture until thickened, about 10-15 minutes and adjust seasonings to taste if necessary.
Serves 12Nutritional Analysis: calories 368, fat 6g, carbohydrates 51g, fiber 13g, protein 28g