Struggling to find the time to cook healthy dinners while trying to lose weight? We’ve got you covered! These easy to prep grain-free dinner recipes all take under 30 minutes to make, saving you time in the kitchen on those busy night.
Chicken lettuce cups
- ½ cup of lean ground chicken
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon red onion, diced
- 2-3 Boston lettuce cups
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- ¼ avocado, cubed
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (optional)
- Cook chicken over medium heat until cooked through and no longer pink.
- Add garlic and onion and allow to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken into lettuce cups and top with salsa, avocado cubes and cilantro.
Nutritional analysis: calories 266, fat 16g, carbohydrates 7g, fiber 4g, protein 25g
Sheet pan salmon and veggies
- 5oz piece of fresh salmon
- 1 cup of broccoli
- 1 small sweet potato, cubed
- 1 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- Pre heat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place salmon and veggies.
- Drizzle olive oil over salmon and veggies and sprinkle with sea salt. Cook for 20 minute, until salmon is flakey.
Nutritional analysis: calories 393, fat 23g, carbohydrates 19g, fiber 4g, protein 31g
“Pasta” with meat sauce
- 3 ounces ground turkey
- 1 cup of tomato sauce (make sure it is free of added sugar)
- 2-3 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup of zucchini noodles, spiralized (click here for a great spiralizer)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese
- Sauté ground turkey in 1/4 tablespoon olive oil until cooked through and no longer pink. Add tomato sauce and mushrooms and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While simmering, sauté zucchini noodles in 1/4 tablespoon olive oil until softened.
- Place zucchini noodles on a plate and top with meat sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Nutritional analysis: calories 400, fat 20g, carbohydrates 20g, fiber 6g, protein 40g
Coconut shrimp stir-fry
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ pound shrimp
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ head bok choy, trimmed
- 1 cup diced red peppers, snow peas, sprouts
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
- Heat coconut oil in large skillet or wok. Add shrimp, garlic and hot sauce and sauté for about 5 minutes. Then add bok choy, peppers, snow peas, and sprouts and sauté for another 5-7 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and saute for an additional 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with coconut flakes and serve warm.
Nutritional analysis: calories 500, fat 29g, carbohydrates 30g, fiber 9g, protein 37g
Chicken Greek salad
- 4 oz white chicken, cooked
- 2 cups of romaine lettuce, chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cucumber, chopped
- 8 black olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil + ½ tablespoon red wine vinegar + 1 teaspoon oregano + 1 teaspoon garlic powder + sprinkle of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese
- Cook chicken and cut into 1-inch cubes. In a serving bowl, add lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives and cooked chicken.
- In a small bowl, add olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, garlic powder and sea salt and whisk together until well combined.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and sprinkle feta on top before serving.
Nutritional analysis: calories 414, fat 24g, carbohydrates 15g, fiber 4g, protein 37g