This delicious, low carb, grain free cauliflower pizza crust is the perfect recipe for pizza night with the family – everyone will love it!
- 1 medium organic cauliflower
- 1 organic egg, beaten
- ⅓ cup goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat your oven to 400 F.
2. Cut the cauliflower into florets and add into a food processor, until a rice-like texture is achieved. For a video on how to make cauliflower rice, please click here.
3. Fill a large pot with about an inch of water, and bring it to a boil. Add the cauliflower rice and cover. Allow to cook for 4-5 minutes. Drain into a fine-mesh strainer.
4. Once you have strained the rice, transfer it to a clean, thin dishtowel. Wrap up the rice in the dishtowel, twist it up, then firmly squeeze all the excess moisture out.
5. In a large bowl, mix up your strained rice, beaten egg, goat cheese, and spices.
6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Press the dough out until it is about ⅓” thick.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes. The crust should be firm, and golden brown when finished.
8. Add all your favorites– tomato sauce, cheese of choice (goat, feta, mozzarella, etc.), and any other toppings you like (arugula, spinach tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, onion, etc.)
9. Finally, put the pizza back in the oven and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, just until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
Nutritional analysis (for pizza crust): calories 117, fat 6g, carbohydrates 8g, fiber 4g, protein 9g