Looking to boost your energy and metabolism? This delicious matcha latte is sure to do the trick!
What is matcha?
Matcha is a potent green powder that is made from whole tea leaves which are finely ground into a powder form. It can be made into a delicious tea or latte, or added into smoothies to boost nutrition, energy and taste!
How does it benefit us?
- Great source of energy – Matcha has similar amounts of caffeine as coffee and green tea but the amino acid L-Theanine, makes us feel alert and calm, reducing the anxious feeling you often get from consuming too much caffeine.
- Promotes weight loss – This low calorie powder helps to boost our metabolism naturally due to its thermogenic affect.
- Rich source of antioxidants – Helps to fight off certain diseases, such as cancer.
- Helps to detoxify our body – Matcha’s high chlorophyll content helps to remove toxins from the body and promotes regular bowels.
How to make the perfect matcha latte
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (steamed or foamed)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Add matcha powder and hot water into mug and whisk together.
- Add steamed/foamed almond milk, honey and cinnamon to mug.
- Mix together and enjoy hot!