These nutritious gluten free muffins make the perfect grab and go breakfast option for you and the kids!
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips (optional for kids)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a muffin pan with coconut oil spray.
- Put all ingredients into a medium sized bowl and whisk into well combined. Allow mixture to rest for 5 minutes.
- Add mixture into muffin tins.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until starting to brown.
- Put on cooling rack and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins
Nutritional Analysis per muffin: calories 112, fat 8g, carbohydrates 8g, fiber 2g, protein 4g