Looking for an easy way to hide some greens in your kids food – well this loaf is sure to do the trick!
- 2 cups of mashed overripe banana (about 4 large bananas)
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 organic eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups of spelt or sprouted grain whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups of coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- To sprinkle on top:
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Prepare loaf pans by spraying with coconut or olive oil.
- With a fork, beat together mashed bananas, zucchini, melted butter, and eggs in a large bowl until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and 1 tablespoon cinnamon. Add to banana mixture and gently stir until just combined.
- In an additional small bowl, mix cinnamon and coconut sugar together (1 tablespoon each) and sprinkle on top of loaf prior to baking.
- Bake for about 55 minutes, until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and top feels springy.
- Cool loaf for about 5 minutes in pan prior to slicing.