Raise your hand if you love to bake! Well I certainly do and with the weekend ahead of us, I have decided to share some of my favourite muffin recipes with you. Happy baking!
Sprouted Spelt Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups of sprouted grain spelt flour
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup finely ground flaxseeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup of almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup of dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- In two separate bowls, separately mix dry ingredients (flour, coconut sugar, flax, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda, salt) and wet ingredients (bananas, milk, yogurt and chocolate chips).
- Mix wet and dry ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into sprayed non stick muffin tins.
- Pop in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Grain Free Banana Almond Muffins
- 4 ripe bananas
- 3 cups almond flour
- 3 eggs
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup almonds, finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Mash your two bananas in a bowl really well with a fork.
- Add in the rest of your ingredients and mix well. Remember to crack your eggs first into a separate bowl and then add them into your larger bowl to prevent adding in a bad egg or egg shells 🙂
- Then grease your muffin tin with some butter or coconut oil (even if non-stick, trust me!)
- These puff up a little but not too much, so you can fill these pretty close to the top.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until the top has set and they’re slightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool and serve.