Mash bananas in medium sized mixing bowl.
- 3 large bananas
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 2/3 cups spelt flour
- ¼ cup of golden flax seeds
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Mash bananas in medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add the almond milk, coconut sugar vanilla and baking soda and mix well.
- Add the flour, ground flaxseeds and chocolate chips together and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter in a greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-44 minutes.
- Watch carefully during the last 10 minutes of baking to cover with foil if the top is browning too rapidly.
- Cut into slices and enjoy.
Option: If banana bread does not have to be “nut free” – feel free to add 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts for some extra crunch and an omega 3 boost.